Saturday, March 01, 2008

On the road again

I finally have a chance to post a blog from the road!

We're in Denver ... Mikey won two awards and we're here to pick them up.

Every time we're here, I wonder if someday we will make the jump and actually move to a "cit-y" (I'm saying it like Jon Reep here).

Then I think about how GJ is growing and how maybe the cit-y is coming to us, whether we like it or not.

This makes me think of reasons why I would not enjoy living in a congested asphalt jungle. Here are a few off the top of my head:

1. Steam coming from underground. Haven't you ever wondered what the heck all that weird steam is coming from under the manhole covers? I believe it is quite hazardous to my health.

2. Crazy African taxi drivers. 'Nuf said.

3. I can't see the ground. I never think about dirt, but in the cit-y it is located fathoms below the sidewalks and grates and parking meters. This is somewhat disturbing to me for unknown reasons.

4. I can't seem to catch a whiff of anything besides exhaust, exhaled cigarette smoke, fry grease or old-man stench. This is a problem.

Reasons to live in the cit-y

1. Don't have to plan extra 30 minutes to go to grocery store because I run into everyone I know AND their extended family

2. Can shop for lots of things. In person. As in, not online. Instant gratification = good

3. Lots of cultural events that don't involve monster trucks or roping four-legged creatures.

4. Convenient airport that doesn't suck.

5. Wh0le F00ds. Need I say more?

6. When people talk about the "gay bar" in town, it could be more than one place, unlike GJ.

Hmmm......

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

who's jon reep?

Anonymous said...

Don't forget the dead sewer rats washing up after a big storm and pretzel vendors selling their wares from shopping carts!

And good job, Mike!

Anonymous said...

I would say the chances of you living in the city of Denver proper highly unlikely. If you're out in the 'burbs like us you can get dirt... lots and lots of dirt. In fact, I'm pretty sure there's some dirt directly behind our townhome with your name on it.

Erin said...

Jon Reep is only the funniest comic ever.

Check it out : http://www.comedycentral.com/comedians/browse/r/jon_reep.jhtml

Watch the referee video. You will love it!

Erin said...

Here's the whole link:

http://www.comedycentral.com/comedians/browse/r/jon_reep.jhtml

Anonymous said...

Ack it's not posting the whole link. Go to C0medy Central and look it up!

Anonymous said...

Erin I feel your dilemma! The exact same thoughts go through my head every day, and usually end with the "hmmmm..." It's very productive really. But if you live in Denver then I would be REALLY happy to live there! Let's go together! We can get houses next to each other in the burbs and play in the dirt!