Saturday, October 06, 2007

The geek squad ...

Or, happy anniversary to us!


So we made a whirlwind trip to Denver this week so Mikey could cover a convicted murderer's appeal hearing. On our third anniversary. I had no idea the third anniversary present was "attend convicted murderer court hearing" as well as "leather" or the more modern "crystal" present.

Truth be told, as un-romantic as this sounds, it was a trip that truly shows that we are perfect for each other. What would I do with a stupid leather bracelet or crystal? I hate crystal. Crystal is usually some form of knicknack, which most of you know is banned from the McWiggins' lair.

Instead, we went to the hearing (my first trip to the Supreme Court chambers, ooh!) and then we met up with Mike and Mary for trivia at a pub.


We came in third. Not bad, considering we beat a team called "McLovin." We messed up on the round with the Neo-Claudian emperors. ("Caligula? Is that a real person?" :) ) But we kicked butt on the visual round. Nobody can recognize W!ll Sm!th's eyes like my husband. Heh.

Then we headed back the next morning after a quick stop in Ge@rget@wn so Mikey could go to a press conference related to a disaster. I wandered around town trying to find a place to get coffee that would accept a credit card. I narrowly missed being hit by a Budwe!ser truck on the narrow highway.

Boy, he's lucky he married a former reporter who understands how this journalism thing works. Happy anniversary to us!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!!!! Reminds me of our second anniversary when Jeff went out with my sister to a movie. How's that for romantic?

Erin said...

You didn't get to go too?

Anonymous said...

Uh...no. For some strange reason I couldn't go. So he and Rach went out instead. Weird, I know.